Search Bar

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Super Mario Sunshine (Game Cube)



Super Mario Sunshine (Game Cube)


Super Mario Sunshine Game Cover

OMG! It's a Game cube Game! That's right folks, this is Pvt.Awsum, bringing you my next blog. This one will be about a very "ancient" game named, as you read at the top (duh), Super Mario Sunshine. Now I know that they don't sell Game cubes anymore. But lucky me! I had gotten a Game cube for some past Christmas, or whatever. But that ship had already sailed, and I had to play this on my Wii...Oh well. Going back to the game, this is a really fun game to me. It has Mario, who is my favorite Nintendo character (Spider Man's still my #1 all time favorite), and you have this weird, high tech, water pump thing named FLUDD, I think (I know right, such creative names!) Together, Mario and FLUDD work together to clean up the Delphino Isle (or Island?) because of a graffiti crime that he had been framed for by the main villain (I don't know who it is, I haven't even beaten half of the game). But overall, this is one exceptional game.
Gameplay:  13/15
I would just like to note that no matter how much stjmz blabs on about how much Little Big Planet is sooooo much better that Spider Man, at least Spider Man isn't a little beanbag with eyes that runs around doing nothing. To continue with this review, in this game, there's a lot of free roam, which allows you to kind of explore the home island or the level you're on. Mario goes on adventures, trying to capture the mysterious graffiti artist while, of course, cleaning up the artist's messes along the way. I think that the highlight of the gameplay would be the intense bosses in each story level, like a giant mechanical Bowser that breathes fire, a gigantic Petey the Piranha Plant, and, an old classic, the Wigglers. Also, along the way, there are some levels which are kind of like a mini game, but with more dangers and deaths. Also, to make things better, there is fruit in the game which you can pick up and throw at people, making it all worthwhile when you can hear them yelling at you in a gibberish language! The only real downside, which is kind of big, of this whole game would be that to get to the actual bosses of each level, there's always an obstacle, and I don't mean like a few small enemies. I mean you have to either solve some puzzle (for the mini game levels) or even clean up like half or more of the island, which is a pain in the coccyx because there's SO. MUCH. GRAFFITI!!!!! But other than that, it's really fun.
Graphics: 15/15
Now, although this is a very old game (came out in 2002), I think that Nintendo has done very good job of not making the graphics horrible. For example, you can tell what everything is, unlike some other games I've played which have had some messed up graphics. Back to what I was saying, the graphics: great. You can perfectly tell where light is coming from or what kind of fruit you're picking up. It's those little things in a game that make it better.
Lasting Appeal: 11/15
This will be the other rating I will rate games on occasionally. Moving on, this may be a great game and all, but there's just something to it that makes you think, "Why am I playing this game?". It may be good to play for maybe a week or so continuously, but after that the lasting appeal just goes downhill. But don't get me wrong, this is a great game to play once in a while.


To wrap it up, here are the final ratings:
Gameplay: 13/15
Graphics: 15/15
Lasting Appeal: 11/15
Overall Score: 13/15

I really love this game, and, if you have a Game Cube or Wii, I'm sure you'll like it too.

BUY IT!!

Thanks for tuning into my next blog, keep on the lookout for a third one! Until next time, this is Pvt.Awsum, saying keep on playing.




If you liked this game, I suggest buying a pre-owned copy because I looked it up, and a new copy costs around $140.00.



Free roaming on Delphino Isle (or island).






















Boss fight: The Wiggler




















Pvt.Awsum Blog

     

No comments:

Post a Comment