Search Bar

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Madagascar (Game Cube)



Madagascar (Game Cube)

Madagascar Cover


Hello Internet people, this is Pvt.Awsum, with another amazing blog about a game. This time, I'll be blogging about the very first Madagascar game for the Game Cube. This isn't really the very best game I have ever played in my life, but it's a good game to play now and then sometimes. All right, let's get started!
Gameplay: 12/15
The gameplay in this game isn't all that good, but it's kind of fun to play when you have nothing else to do. To sum it all up, you go on adventures through the different levels to advance. In each level you are either Mary, Gloria, Alex, Melman, or the head of the spy penguins? As you progress in the levels, the map shows you your tracks from New York to somewhere in the middle of Madagascar. The biggest problem I have with this game is that I thought that it would be somewhat related to the story, but overall, basically  half is actually from the movie to me. But that's probably because I only remember half the movie. Still, I really think that it isn't about the game, they always add random stuff to make the game more exciting, like scenarios that the movie wasn't even close to adding to the movie. But it is a god effort on their part to be able to put the movie and their add-ons into one merged product.
Graphics: 10/15
This may be just my game, but there were many glitches. Like when I tried to dodge something, my feet would be in the ground and I couldn't move! To make things simple: the graphics aren't very good. Sometimes, the scene get so dark you can't even see your little tracker thingumabob that keeps track of your points, number of lives, etc. And if you can't see that, then what's the use of it? Anyways, that was a big reason, but that's not all. The characters don't even look like they did in the movie! Isn't that the whole purpose of the movie game? To play out what the characters did in the movie? It doesn't make any sense to me.
Lasting Appeal: 11/15
To make a long story short, this game gets boring after the first hour or so of playing, but that's only because the beginning is made up of mostly cut scenes telling you what to do or what's happening. The only reason this got a 12/15 and not something lower is because when I started playing this game again to blog on it, I had already gotten past the cut scene parts, making the rest of the game more appealing, but enough to get a 15/15. But overall, it's okay, I guess.


To conclude this blog, here are the final ratings:
Gameplay: 12/15
Graphics: 10/15
Lasting Appeal: 11/15
Overall Score: 11/15

I would recommend this game mainly to kids and people who haven't seen Madagascar. So, if you fit in those categories, then I suggest you...
BUY IT!!! 

Thanks for reading my third blog, tune in for another original Pvt.Awsum blog. I will see you next time. No, literally, I'M WATCHING YOU!!!!! Just kidding. See ya!


Links:
Where to buy: Madagascar Game for Game Cube/Wii




Gameplay as Alex the Lion


















Gameplay as Gloria the Fat Hippo 











Pvt.Awsum Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment