Search Bar

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Metroid Prime (Game Cube)

Metroid Prime (Game Cube)
Game Cover
How's it going, people of the inter webs, this is Pvt.Awsum bringing you my next blog on our website. This one's going to be about a very old game with a character maybe half of the people reading this will know. I'm talking about Metroid Prime, and I mean the very first one that came out in 2002 for the Game Cube. I've probably had this game for 7 years, but I've only played this game once, so let's see how it goes.
Gameplay: 14/15
I have to admit, at first, the gameplay in this was pretty crappy. But after restarting over and over, I warmed up to this old idea. The basic thing is that this is mainly a first person viewer/shooter game. Basically, you are Samus. Your helmet has all of your info, like maps, which can be pretty useful when the time comes. You start out with the basic things: a infinite ammo blaster, a finite ammo rocket launcher, and the famous ability to turn into a ball! I think that concept was originally from this game. Also, there's this really cool scanner feature in the helmet where you can scan things only with a certain sign on them. You use this feature a lot in this game. I really can't talk about boss fights, because, like I said, I just started playing. The thing that really frustrates me is that your enemies (or at least the first ones) don't die without getting shot like a hundred times. It really BUGS me!!!!
Graphics: 14/15
Considering this game was developed in 2002, I guess the graphics are pretty good. I mean, you can tell what most of the things are even though most of the creatures are made up, but still okay. A problem point for me was the brightness. It would be okay most of the time, but in some places of the level, when it was in a hall or a room, it kind of got a little too dark. But overall, good graphics.
Plot: 14/15
The plot seems simple at first, but it progressively got more and more complex. It starts out with Samus at a space station. You are supposed to fix it or something. And when you reach the middle, you fight a boss named the "Parasite Queen".Don't be confused by the name; this thing is big and ugly! Anyways, after you beat it, you have to evacuate. Once you're off the station you crash land on some planet that looks like Earth from the air and on the surface. Where I left off was I was on the planet, I guess looking for a way off, but I didn't even know where to go! The map was just honeycombs! But besides that, good plot.



Let's wrap it up with the final ratings:
Gameplay: 14/15
Graphics: 14/15
Plot: 14/15
Overall Score: 14/15

If you are a fan of Samus, and maybe even first person shooters like this, the I might suggest you should

BUY IT!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading my blog without getting bored in the middle (I hope!). Keep watching for more blogs, but until then, this is Pvt.Awsum saying peace!









First Person Shooter View



Pvt.Awsum Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment